Reviewed and approved February 20, 2017
The Duke Digital Repository Program Committee (RPC) is charged with oversight of programmatic and policy-making activities for the Duke Digital Repository (DDR). The RPC maintains the DDR’s mission statement and overarching policies, coordinates activities across the program areas, and oversees the process of setting long- and medium- term priorities for the development of repository technology and services. While reporting on its activities to the Executive Group of Duke University Libraries, the RPC will collaborate with staff in the Libraries on various aspects of the DDR, liaise with campus oversight bodies as needed, and communicate broadly with the library and the larger university community.
In accordance with this charge, the RPC is tasked with providing oversight and direction in the following areas of policy and process.
- Maintain a mission statement that articulates the purpose and aspirations of the DDR.
- Define the program areas which comprise the DDR as an overarching initiative.
- Define, approve, and maintain collections policies for the active program areas.
- Review and approve other policies proposed by DDR working groups.
- Establish working groups that are necessary to support the programmatic needs of the DDR.
- Coordinate and prioritize program activities to insure efficient use of resources available for metadata, preservation, asset management, and assessment.
- Evaluate proposals - such as major projects or grants - and changes to strategic direction that have an impact on the overall direction of the DDR as an initiative.
- Maintain transparency and communication with library stakeholders and the larger campus community.
- Engage with the DUL technology teams working on the DDR to provide periodic review of priorities and project roadmaps.
Will Sexton (Chair, and Program Head) - Head, Digital Production Initiatives
Ginny Boyer - Head, Library Enterprise Services
Molly Bragg - Digital Collections Program Manager
Maggie Dickson - Metadata Architect
Val Gillispie - University Archivist
Joel Herndon - Head, Data and Visualization Services
Paolo Mangiafico - Coordinator of Scholarly Communications Technology
Jim Tuttle - Digital Repository Architect